Whatever It Takes
“Whatever It Takes” is our ongoing campus renovation to transform an ordinary church building into an extraordinary place where you can bring friends and family any day of the week. We don’t want church to be something you only do on Sundays. We want it to be a way of life. In our effort to make church more than a once-a-week service, we are undergoing a radical makeover. CHC will be somewhere you can come grill out with friends, watch a movie under the stars, or go for a jog in a beautiful park-like setting. We don’t want church to be something you rush off from afterwards. Rather, we want it to be something you rush towards with friends and family. It’s our goal that your church experience will be one where you feel welcomed. We want this to be a place where Christians and non-Christians can connect on our campus through our many family-friendly amenities.
As the church for the unchurched, this is one of the major ways we are doing whatever it takes to reach those who would otherwise be turned off by church. Because of you, we have already made significant progress. While not the most exciting renovation, cosmetically our building was long overdue for a makeover. It was time for new paint and so many other small, yet necessary upgrades. We are beyond pleased with the new update. Not only are our buildings functional,
The most exciting part of this ongoing project is that we are doing it DEBT FREE! That’s right, as in zero debt. Our promise from the beginning has been to renovate without taking on any new debt. We believe that where God leads, He will provide and He certainly has done that through you. All that you’ve seen taking place around here has been made possible through your generous donations to “Whatever It Takes.”
If you haven’t gotten involved yet, it’s not too late. Your contribution will help us reach a new generation for Christ. It will make this place somewhere your kids and grandkids will want to be. We can’t say thank you enough. You really are making a difference in this community and in the lives of those who don’t know Christ. Again, we thank you.
Update: May 2018 –
We are excited to tell you that The Park, which is our most recent phase, will be opening soon! As The Church for the Unchurched, this is another tool we can use to attract people to our campus seven days a week. The Park will be somewhere you can come grill out with friends, watch a movie under the stars, let the kids play on the playground, play a game of basketball or go for a jog in a beautiful park-like setting. We don’t want church to be something you rush off from afterwards. Rather, we want it to be something you rush towards with friends and family. It’s our goal that your church experience will be one where you feel welcomed. We want this to be a place where Christians and non-Christians can connect on our campus through our many family-friendly amenities.
With this announcement, we’d also like to bring your attention to two new amazing giving opportunities that will allow you to add your personalized touch to a park that will enjoyed by many generations to come. Starting now you’ll be able to submit your donations for personalized Brick Pavers & Park Benches. For more details check out the “Get Involved” section just below.
Update: Jan 2017 –
Anything over and above your tithe (10%) can be designated to go towards the “Whatever It Takes” program. Just like giving your tithe, there are 4 simple ways that you can give:
- In Service. Simply mark the “Whatever It Takes” box on your offering envelope with the amount you want to give to the program. Please also notate “Whatever It Takes” on the memo line of your check before placing it in the envelope.
- Online. Click here to be redirected to the Giving Opportunities page. Once there, click on the “Whatever It Takes” option and enter the amount you would like to give.
- The Cascade Hills App. Simply click on the “Give/Tithe” option on the homepage. You will be redirected to the Giving Opportunities page on our website. Once there, click on the “Whatever It Takes” option and enter the amount you would like to give.
- Mail. If you prefer to mail your donation, simply notate “Whatever It Takes” on the memo line of your check and mail it to Cascade Hills Church, 727 54th Street, Columbus, GA 31904.
Remember, any amount given helps to reach the next generation for Christ! And even the smallest amount adds up. Here are a few examples:
It’s a great feeling to know that you are part of something big… something of everlasting value. When you choose to support this project with your gift-in-kind, you are investing in the reaching a new generation for Christ. This new phase of ministry at Cascade Hills will usher us into the new realm of outreach never before seen in Columbus, Georgia. Going to “church” will not only involve attending a service, it could mean partaking in an outdoor concert at the amphitheater, meeting some friends to grill a delicious dinner, or even getting in your daily jog… the sky is the limit! Church is no longer just a place to come on the weekend, its a place to do everyday life, seven days a week. Think of the thousands of people who will venture to step on our campus who might never have considered it before. Church becomes a safe place, not only for Christ-followers, but for the lost as well.
What does this mean? Exactly how it sounds! Its any asset of value that you generously donate to the “Whatever It Takes” Program. Anything you choose to give to the “Whatever It Takes” Program will ensure this dream quickly becomes reality!
Examples of Gifts-of-a-Kind:
- Real Estate
- Any individually valued item of $500 or more
How to Donate:
- Choose your gift-of-a-kind item to donate with an individual estimated value equal to or in excess of $500.
- Complete the “Whatever It Takes” Application Form. PLEASE DO NOT BRING your gift-of-a-kind item to the church office.
- If you choose to not submit your form online, please print our Gifts of a Kind brochure and turn in your completed application to the Church office by dropping it in the offering bucket, mailing it, or faxing it to the Church. Kim Douglas is the contact for any questions pertaining to your application, e-mail her or call (706) 327-5743.
- The outside Committee will be notified after a completed “Whatever It Takes” Application Form is received and a member of the Committee will contact you to setup an appointment to evaluate your gift-of-a-kind.
Just like any public park, there will be continued additions to the property once The Park opens. In addition to the funds given over and above your tithes, there are two other opportunities that we want to share with you that will allow you to forever be a part of the park while helping to provide funds needed along the way.
- Personalized Brick Pavers – Pavers will be added along the jogging trail. These can be inscribed with a verse or message of your choosing for a $200 donation. To lock down your personalized paver, click here to make your donation via our giving platform.
- Personalized Park Benches – Benches will be placed throughout the park. There are currently 17 benches available to be inscribed with a verse or message of your choosing for a $1,000 donation. To lock down a personalized bench, click here to make your donation via our giving platform.
Please Note: Additional details in regards to the inscription format and character limit of both the pavers and benches will be released soon. If you proceed with making your donation before they are released, we will contact you directly after the fact with detailed instructions on how to submit your desired inscription.