We exist to expose students to God’s love, to connect them with other Christians,
to equip them to grow in their faith, to help them discover their ministry, and to exalt God with their life.
High School Ministry
At Cascade Hills Church, our student ministries are thriving. For your high schooler, we provide two fantastic ways for them to get involved.
TheHills High School Night - Wednesdays
Every Wednesday from 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM at the main sanctuary, our high school students come together for a high-energy youth service for all 9th – 12th graders. These services combine music, an inspiring word from the Bible, games, and much more. Pizza ($1 a slice) and drinks ($1) are available for purchase as well.
LIFEgroups - Every Weekend
On Saturdays & Sundays, we’ll come together for our high school LIFEgroup. Our LIFEgroup is an interactive bible study designed to get students talking, discovering the truths in God’s word, and applying these truths in their personal lives. We’ll meet at the following times and locations.
- Saturdays at 5:00 PM – Room 305 / 306 (3rd Floor)
- Sundays at 9:30 AM – Room 305 / 306 (3rd Floor)
Our Current Series
Please Note: There will be NO midweek High School services for the week of Thanksgiving (November, 25th).
“I will lift my eyes to the hills – where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the maker of heaven and earth.”
High School Team
Pastor Adam Churchwell
Adam and his wife Jennifer have been members of Cascade Hills Church since 1996. He served as a volunteer in Real Kids for ten years. In May 2009, he began serving in the High School Ministry and felt like God was calling him into full-time ministry. In March of 2010, he began leading the college ministry at Cascade Hills. Then in August, he accepted the call as High School Pastor. Adam brings great enthusiasm and dedication to the students at Cascade Hills each day
Jennifer serves as an assistant to our High School Ministry Pastor (Adam) as well as the Girls’ Ministry Director. She loves spending time with the high school girls and helping them to develop their personal walks with Christ. Adam and Jennifer have three incredible kids, Noah, Nina, and Emma.
In the student ministry, we believe that the parent plays a vital role in their child’s spiritual growth just as much as their physical, and emotional development. But we also understand that the secular world is full of obstacles that might be counter-intuitive to these growth goals.
That’s why we’ve put together a few resources that we think will help. We want to keep parents informed on these issues as well as provide some guidance and talking points when discussing them with your high schoolers.
• With our children getting older, it’s essential to teach them discernment. Still, following your pre-teens every move might be tiptoeing towards an overprotective extreme. Find out more with this article entitled: Should I Stalk My Kid?
• Learn how to talk to your child about some of the questionable content they might be exposed to via music & television with this article entitled: 4 Vital Questions to Ask Your Teen.
• As our children become more active outside the home, it’s easy to let distractions naturally create a divide between us. Don’t get disheartened; bridge the gap with this great article entitled: Two-Player Mode.
• Technology is ever-changing at lightning speeds. You might find it difficult to truly understand what’s a lousy app and what’s a good app. Learn the basics with this insightful article entitled: Bad Apps.
• Social Media is here to stay. The question is, how is it affecting our students? Check out this great podcast from Rethinking Youth Ministry entitled: The Effects of Social Media on Students.
Become A Contributor
We believe there is nothing more important than God’s work, even more so when it comes to our youth. So consider contributing to a cause that matters. God’s not looking for perfection; He’s looking for your heart. If you have a heart of gratitude for all that God has done for you and you want to serve him and express that gratitude, we want to give you the opportunity.
The Student Ministry has a host of serving opportunities available for both Wednesday night and weekend services. With positions open on our Setup Team, Food Team, Worship Team, Production Team, etc… Click the button below to create an account and signup for your desired position.
Wanna stay up-to-date with all the latest information concerning the high school ministry? Use the links below to follow and connect with us on your social media platform of choice!
Click the icon above to connect with us via Facebook or search “CHCHighSchool” from the Facebook App.
Click the icon above to connect with us via Instagram or simply search “TheHills_HighSchool” from the Instagram App.
Click the icon above to connect with us via Twitter or simply search “@TheHillsHigh” from the Twitter App.