COVID-19 Latest Update – 3/19/2020
UPDATE 3/19/2020 – While news headlines continue to remind us of the troubles in the world, we wanted to take a few minutes to share some of the ways we are making a difference with your help.
Here are a few ways your giving is making a difference in the upcoming week:
- We are sending a donation of $20,000 to Samaritan’s Purse to help specifically in their efforts to set up an Emergency Field Hospital in Cremona, Italy in order to care for an overflow of coronavirus patients.
- The Feeding the Valley Food Bank mobile pantry will be set up in the Cascade Hills main parking lot to distribute 26 pallets of food, totaling over 1,500 boxes of food this Saturday.
- Our local Red Cross is in desperate need of blood and has asked us for help. This coming Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (March 23rd-25th), they will set up in our Student Center from 1pm-7pm for an emergency blood drive. Appointments are preferred.
- MercyMed of Columbus is partnering with the Columbus Health Department to provide COVID-19 screenings and specimen collection. MercyMed staff will collect samples for testing by appointment only for patients who meet the criteria. We have reached out to Mercy Med and will be helping to provide much needed medical supplies to support them in their efforts.
- FOCUS is a faith based non-profit organization dedicated to helping those in need in Harris County, Ga. We are making a donation to help them as they deliver boxes of food to elderly individuals living in the Harris County area that are unable to get out of their houses at this time. We will also have a truck in our parking lot if you do have any non-perishable food you would like to donate. Donations will be accepted on Saturday, March 21, from 9am-2pm and Monday-Friday, March 23-25, from 8am-5pm. At this time the items needed are:
Canned Meats, Tuna, Spam, Chicken, Salmon, Mac & Cheese, Pasta, PBJ, Crackers, Chez-it’s, Canned Fruit, Instant Grits, & Oatmeal
Please stay tuned as we will be updating the page as new opportunities become available.
UPDATE 3/16/2020 – Please note, we are postponing our Love Works Week. As you know, with the recent Corona Virus situation, most of the organizations we were planning to serve have had to close or limit access due to new CDC recommendations that for the next 8 weeks, organizers cancel or postpone in-person events that consist of 50 people or more throughout the United States. Therefore, we have decided to postpone all serve opportunities until the Corona Virus situation is behind us. We will notify you as soon as we determine what those dates will be. We hope that you will still be available to help at that time, so please be sure to check your email and social media for updates. We will reach out to you as soon as plans are finalized. Also, as we are told of community needs that arise due to the Corona Virus situation, we are going to do our best to meet those needs and will keep you updated through social media on the ways you can help us do that.
How is Cascade Hills Church responding to COVID-19?
We want to respond to this situation with both wisdom and care during this vulnerable time. We first must remember what Paul wrote in 2 Timothy 1:7, “…God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.” In an effort to do our part to keep the people of Cascade Hills safe, we have decided to cancel all services and on-site activities until further notice. During this time, however long it may be, we are going to continue to minister to you and your unchurched friends and family.
UPDATE 3/13/2020 – We will not be meeting at our physical location, but we are still going to meet together online. Because we have over 400 volunteers and staff and over 3,000 in attendance during our weekend services, we feel we are doing what is best for your safety. Our people are always more important to us than our programs. We can’t come together physically, but we can still be together online. Each week, there are already thousands across the world who join us online, so this is a unique opportunity for us to all join together as one. Here’s how:
- Regular weekly services will all be online at our normal service times. Join us at 4:30pm & 6:00pm on Saturday, or 9:30am & 11:00am on Sunday.
- For our Cascade Kids Ministry, we will offer a Tuesday night family worship service online. Worship with your family with activity sheets, discussion guides, and much more in the comfort of your own homes.
- Our Middle and High School Student Ministries will offer online gatherings on Wednesday night during their normal service times.
- All off-site Life Groups and College Crews are still encouraged to meet if they would like.
- No on-site Cascade U or other Bible studies will be meeting until further notice.
To participate online for any of these activities, please visit the respective ministry pages via the main menu above.
Most importantly, know that we are praying for you and for the people who have been affected by this virus. If you have any questions in the days to come, be sure to follow our social media accounts. We are managing this situation moment by moment. As of now, our plans for Love Works and our upcoming Easter service at the Civic Center remain unchanged. In the days, and possibly weeks to come, we will be monitoring the situation and will provide updates via social media. One thing is for sure: We will continue to be the Church for the Unchurched and pray that God would use Cascade Hills through this unsettling time.